Friday, June 8, 2012

Wednesday, June 6th


Let the journey begin!

5 am came early this morning.  Now granted I didn’t have to be up that early but I never sleep well before a big trip so I might as well get up.  My house is pretty much empty but I still wanted to make sure I had everything I needed for my flight to Munich.  My family showed up on time which eased my mind a little.  We all loaded up to head over to my friend’s place.  I am traveling with Lee and Kelly for the next 10 days.  It should be an adventure!  We all stopped for a nice lunch in Newnan, GA before making our way to the new international terminal at the ATL airport.  Word to the wise; it’s not easier to get to but it’s much nicer.  You can tell they put A LOT of money in the terminal but they still have a couple of bugs to work out.  For example, there’s a sign for arrivals hourly parking.  Well, since we’re departures, we just drove right through to departures.  This only allowed you to drop off before looping back to where you started.  Logically the sign should say hourly parking.  That would put arrivals and departures in the same deck without making you waste some expensive gas.  But what do I know…we all three got checked in and had no trouble checking our bags or getting through security.  Now we’re just hanging out at the gate.  
As you can see from this picture Lee and Kelly want to get in their cell phone use before they have to go without if for the next week.  I will say this about the new international terminal, it doesn’t lack in the variety of people wandering around.  That is something that makes me happy.  I like to kill time people watching before I have to watch the back of an airplane seat or the back of my eyelids.  Alright…we’re ready to board!  Check back later for more exciting info!

Waiting for take off
I’m back…the flight went well.  We were delayed an hour in Atl but arrived in Munich on time.  It was a fairly smooth flight with only a little turbulence and one annoying neighbor.  She was ADHD which meant she was continually elbowing me & shifting in her seat as well as poking the back of Lee’s seat to play with the video.  Other than that, the food was pretty good & the service couldn’t have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment