Friday, June 11, 2010

Prep and packing

In 24 hours, I'll be boarding a plane bound for Germany. Before crossing the "big pond", there is always the mundane task of packing. No matter how many times I've done this, it seems there is always a great amount of stress involved. About 3 days prior to the trip, I begin going over and over and over what needs to be included in my suitcase. Of course, I don't actually put the things in the suitcase because I am a procrastinator by nature. Since my flight is Saturday night, I will begin putting things together on Friday night and finish my task on Saturday morning. This may seem a little late for a 7 week trip but I normally pack light for every adventure. In my traveling experience, I have found it best to carry a bare minimum of clothing and take time to do some light shopping wherever I am...plus, no one really cares what you're wearing as long as you shower and actually put on clothes. So as I leave this first post, I am off to begin my stacking of shirts, undies, and pants. As I have found, the 2 most important items are PASSPORT and CLEAN undies. Without that, any trip out the country is pretty much a bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment