Monday, July 18, 2011

Lost in Vienna....

Yes...can you believe it...I've been to Vienna numerous times and have lived here the past three summers. Today, our group was to leave the institute at 12:45 and head to the Jewish Synagogue for a guided tour. I was actually looking forward to this since I had never been to one before. Everyone was, as usual, not quite ready when our fearless leader Valeria was walking out the door. I always pull up the rear to make sure everyone stays together but this time, we were too far behind. Three students and myself got left behind so they were relying on my to get there. I had been several times plus there's a REALLY good ice cream place around the corner so I was thinking, "No problem". Needless to say, I was in a hurry and got myself turned around so we walked briskly in the wrong direction until we found a streetcar stop that could take us there. It was the most frustrated I've been the whole trip. If it had just been me, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. I actually enjoy getting lost but having three students with me made it worse. I felt terrible that we showed up 20 minutes late. In the end, we made it to our destination and they got 40 minutes of the tour. The students aren't upset with me which is important and I learned a valuable lesson...no matter how well you know a city, ALWAYS have a map handy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment